Parents' Support - Empowering parents with ICT
Digital Parenting Magazine
Older versions here
Keeping Children Safe Online - Webinar Ofsted/NSPCC
Yubo App (formerly Yellow)- This is a teen 'dating' app with some privacy issues, please click here to find out more.
Please find below resources shared with parents during our E-Safety sessions in May 2015 in collaboration with Symmantec.
- Get Safe Online: for lots of advice, top tips, downloadable resources and the latest online news getsafeonline.org
- Internet Matters - helping parents keep their children safe online.
- UK Safer Internet Centre: Tips and advice and lots of useful resources for parents and teachers saferinternet.org.uk
- NSPCC NetAware: your guide to the social networks your kids use, developed in conjunction with mumsnet and regularly updated with info on the latest apps net-aware.org.uk
- ThinkYouKnow by CEOP (National Crime Agency): a place to learn more about different online apps and sites and also advice on how to report something that’s wrong or worries you thinkuknow.co.uk
- BullyingUK: a specialist site with anti-bullying advice including lots on online bullying bullying.co.uk
- Kidsmart: a fun online site with games and competition as well as advice kidsmart.org.uk
- Digizen: how to be a good online citizen. Links to Childnet International and activities for parents, kids and teachers digizen.org/kids
- A Platform for Good: a best practice site for parents and kids on how to use the internet for the power of good aplatformforgood.org
- Norton Family: Free parental control software https://norton.com/familysafety
- Free virus software for the home from Sophos https://www.sophos.com/en-us/lp/sophos-home.aspx
Parental Controls - please see the Safer Internet Centre's information for setting up your home parental controls.
For more information regarding social networking please see the document here